Position title: Assistant Professor
Percent time: 100
Anticipated start: 07/01/2023
Position duration: Tenure Track
Open date: October 27, 2022
Next review date: Monday, Nov 28, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Friday, Jun 30, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Assistant Level Faculty Position –Analysis– Department of Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics at the University of California, Santa Barbara, invites applications for a faculty position in analysis. All areas of analysis, in the broad sense, will be considered, including partial differential equations and applied analysis.
UC Santa Barbara offers a unique environment where innovative, interdisciplinary, and foundational research is conducted in a collegial atmosphere. We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated novel research, and with strong potential to interact with all colleagues, most notably those in the area of Analysis.
Responsibilities of faculty members generally include teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels, recruitment, supervision and mentorship of graduate students, participation in university service and professional activities, and the development of an actively funded research program of the highest quality.
The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching and service as appropriate to the position.
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
At a minimum, applicants must have completed all requirements for a PhD (or equivalent) except the dissertation (or equivalent) in mathematics or a related field.
Additional qualifications (required at time of start)
Applicants must have a PhD degree or equivalent in mathematics or a related field by anticipated appointment start date.
A demonstrated record of excellence in research, and a record of (or potential for) outstanding teaching are desired. Successful candidates will have a record of collaborative research, and will be able to leverage synergies within the Mathematics Department and Division.
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- American Mathematical Society Cover Sheet - available online at: http://www.ams.org
- Statement of Research - Describe research experience and interests, highlighting major contributions to the field thus far, as well as areas to be investigated in future work. This statement may also include information about potential areas of collaboration within the department or campus and the research’s potential for sustained impact. (3-5 pages)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy - Describe teaching experience and interests, highlighting courses taught and/or planned and teaching approaches and practices (e.g., lecturing style, assessment choices) adopted or likely to be adopted in these courses. This statement may also include a description of mentoring experience and interests. (1-3 pages)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - This statement, will be reviewed for evidence of, or potential for teaching, research, professional and/or public service contributions that promote diversity and equal opportunity such as effective strategies used for the educational advancement of students in various under-represented groups; demonstrated contributions to the advancement of equitable access and diversity in education; and contributions furthering diversity and equal opportunity in higher education through participation in such activities as recruitment, retention, and mentoring of scholars and students.
- 4 letters of reference required
Applicants will need to arrange at least four letters of reference to be submitted electronically to the UC Recruit website. It is encouraged that one of the letters will be directed towards teaching.
Apply link: https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/JPF02283
Help contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy:
https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. Please refer to Appendix F, Section II.C. of the policy for the deadlines applicable to new University of California employees. (Capitalized terms in this paragraph are defined in the policy.) Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
Santa Barbara, CA
- assistant professor
- tenure track
November 2, 2022 - 4:00pm