Important Information for Undergrads Regarding COVID-19

Mathematics Department COVID-19 FAQ

How do I contact my instructors and TAs?

You can find Instrucor and TA office hours on the About page of our website.


How do I contact the Mathematics Staff Advisors?

All staff members, including Staff Advisors, can be found on the People page of our website.

You can also visit the Undergraduate or Graduate pages for more Advising information.


Is Math Lab still available?

Yes, the Math Lab is still open via Zoom. Visit our Math Lab page for more information.


How do I change my major?

Fill out a Change of Major form and email it to

For more information about the Math department’s Change of Major policy, visit our Major and Minor Requirements page.


How do I crash a class?

You must add yourself to the waitlist of a course to be considered a crasher. You will also be required to fill out the Crasher’s List which is on a Google Form. All students on the waitlist will be emailed the Crasher’s List at the beginning of the quarter. The forms can also be found on our Registration and Waitlist Policies page.


Has the Math department opted in or out of the P/NP policy for Winter, Spring, and Summer 2021?

The Department of Mathematics has opted out of the P/NP policy for Winter, Spring, and Summer 2021. This means that all major courses (including pre-major and preparation for the major courses) need to be taken for a letter grade as per our standard policy: 


"P/NP GRADING OPTION= Not allowed for major courses (prep or UD major), including courses applied to the major from other departments."


No exceptions will be made to this policy and you will need to continue to choose a letter grade for your grading option in order for courses to count towards the major requirements. This decision is for all Mathematics majors, including Financial Mathematics and Statistics. 


If you have any questions regarding non-major requirement courses, please contact the College of Letters and Science:


How do I enroll in a graduate course if I am an undergrad?

1.     Email Danielle Nagy (Undergraduate Advisor) at a copy of your transcripts and let her know which grad courses you plan to register for. 

2.     Danielle will then send the form via DocuSign to you, the instructor, the Chair, and the Dean for approval.

3.     Once complete, the form will be automatically send to the Registrar's Office and you will receive a copy via email.